I need a discussion post for the instructions below.
Week Three Discussion: Copyright
Discussion Board Overview
- Examine the hypothetical scenario below and craft an initial post
Discussion Board Goals
- To recognize the intellectual property issues commonly encountered in connection with the creation and publication of content
- To identify the elements of copyright infringement
- To understand the limitations of the fair use defense
Initial post (at least 400 words of thoughtful analysis):
Analyze the following hypothetical scenario, and craft an initial post. Upload your post to the Week Three Discussion Board on FSO.
You are preparing a digital press release for a nonprofit organization dedicated to the preservation of music. Your boss gives you a photograph of Irving Berlin (published in 1921) to use in your press release. He also gives you a ten-second clip from an old video created for the company by a freelance videographer. The original video had been used as part of a media kit.
- What exclusive rights are granted to the copyright owner under the Copyright Act?
- Fair use is a defense to a claim of copyright infringement. Discuss the four factors that the courts consider when determining whether the use of a copyrighted work falls under the fair use defense.
- Do you have any concerns about using the photograph of Irving Berlin in your press release? Why or why not?
- Do you have any concerns about using the ten-second video clip? Why or why not?
- As a communications professional, do you need to be concerned with violating copyright law when posting, tweeting or pinning content? Why or why not?
- Initial post must be at least 400 words
- Any outside sources must be properly cited
- Check for spelling and grammar errors before uploading your posts
Explanation & Answer
15 MILLION STUDENTS HELPED!
Sign up to view the full answer
I was stuck on this subject and a friend recommended Studypool. I’m so glad I checked it out!
24/7 Homework Help
Stuck on a homework question? Our verified tutors can answer all questions, from basic math to advanced rocket science!