Unit Assignment: Experiencing Culture Through Global Art
General Assignment Instructions
- Answer the following prompts in an MLA formatted Word document in a minimum of 300 words.
- Do not recopy the questions into your document.
- Research the topic and obtain college-level, credible sources. Credible sources can be found using the HCC library in the form of books, databases, and scholarly articles. *Refer to the Plagiarism, Citation, and Format Unit for information on how to create MLA citations.
- Remember: Citations and Works Cited do not contribute to your minimum word count.
- You must embed an image in this assignment. This is as simple as pasting an image file into the document from your device. Find the image file wherever it is stored, copy it, and paste it onto the document. Alternatively, you can upload the image directly into the document using the insert picture feature in Word.
- A complete assignment applies the lessons of the unit to the topic of the assignment.
- Please read the rubric carefully before beginning the assignment.
Experiencing Culture Through Global Art Assignment Instructions
- Using the Heilbrunn Timeline, select a geographical region to explore. Consider the art styles and cultures contained in this specific geographical region.
- Now, select a work of two-dimensional or three-dimensional visual art from the Heilbrunn Timeline that represents your selected geographical region and style.
After exploring your chosen region and culture, address the following in your written assignment.
- From your exploration of the Heilbrunn Timeline (Links to an external site.) in your chosen region and culture, select one two-dimensional or three-dimensional artwork to analyze.
- *Embed your selected work of art as a picture at the top of your word document and include an MLA image citation.
- Identify the style, region, and culture that produced your selected artwork.
- Explain how your selected work reflects the time and place it was created. (What makes it specific to its culture)
- Analyze how this work communicates the values of, or a unique feature of, the selected culture.
- After learning about the art and culture of the region you selected, explain what other cultural topics from this specific region you want to explore further and why.