Public Health Infrastructure Saves Lives Act Bill
Select a bill that has been proposed (not one that has been enacted) using the congressional websites provided below.
The Assignment: (1- to 2-page Legislation Grid; 1-page Legislation
Testimony/Advocacy Statement) an introduction, purpose statement, and a
conclusion. This is an APA paper.
- Part 1: Legislation Grid
- Based on the health-related bill (proposed, not enacted) you selected, complete the
- Legislation Grid Template. Be sure to address the following:
- Determine the legislative intent of the bill you have reviewed.
- Identify the proponents/opponents of the bill.
- Identify the target populations addressed by the bill.
- Where in the process is the bill currently? Is it in hearings or committees?
- Part 2: Legislation Testimony/Advocacy Statement
- Based on the health-related bill you selected, develop a 1-page Legislation
- Testimony/Advocacy Statement that addresses the following:
- Advocate a position for the bill you selected and write testimony in support of
- your position.
- Explain how the social determinants of income, age, education, or gender affect
- this legislation.
- Describe how you would address the opponent to your position. Be specific and
- provide examples.
- At least 2 outside resources and 2-3 course specific resources are used.