Question:Write a critical evaluation of your learning outcomes. In your response, consider:
1. The content of this class as they relate to Team Management and managerial decision making.
2. Base on the course content, discuss new skills you acquired from this class? How relevant are the new skills to your current and/or future profession?
3. How would you apply your new knowledge?
1. This course content is built in such a way that it explores the psychological content between a leader and follower as it may involve an individual or a group as such. As a student we learnt group formation and group development as well as the detail benefits of coaching, mentoring, and discipline.
2. The course content is diverse and teaches us a lot of new ways in handling issues which arise when we work as a team. This course emphasized on collaborative work. Helps in analyzing a situation based on one’s understanding on team members behavior. It also taught me on how to be different as a leader and increased my awareness of how successful business leaders lead their team. How to handle conflicts both internal and external without disturbing the harmony of the relationship. It taught me more on how to be adaptive to different behavioral styles within a team and use this info to communicate in a better way.
3. While coming to the point of applying this knowledge has made my day to day life easy.
1. Proper understanding of ethnicity, behavioral nature of team mates. We can analyze the situation ahead of time and avoid conflict even before it raises.
2. Developing leadership qualities over time will slowly help me to climb the ladder to reach higher level.
3. Maintaining balance between my individual work and shared work to maintain the harmony in the team. At the same time I thrive to get recognized by the management when I am accountable to the task that is assigned to me.
4. I also stay focused on my communication mode such as verbal, emails and calls and use whatever is appropriate in that situation.
5. I have also understood the importance of mentoring and discipline which I get to use it at work when mentoring new team members.