SEE-I Ch. 3 – Chapter 3 Lecture Slides – CLASS BOOK HERE – (Understanding Human Communication / Edition 13)
- File Types pdf; and doc
- Read the “Rice, Spoons and Forks” narrative, found here. Then read Ch. 3 and reflect on how the narrative and chapter text connect to the following prompt:
The cultural dimension (from Hofstede’s cultural dimensions theory) that I believe has most affected the author is…
Please review the handout on SEE-I formatting to answer this prompt. Located here.
Chapter 3 Discussion – Lecture ResponseAfter reading the textbook for chapter 3 and reviewing the lecture material, answer the following prompt based off one of the three categories presented below in your own words.
Your choices are “How does culture effect…”
- Work force
- What kind of work do you plan to do?
- What implications do you foresee for your career based on increasingly diverse societies?
- Health Care Communication
- Does your family have any “home remedies” for health care related to your culture?
- How does that connect or disconnect from standard U.S. healthcare practices?
- Intercultural Relationship Satisfaction
- Can you give examples of when culture became a factor in a friendship or romantic relationship?
- How would learning about the other’s culture ahead of time have helped your relationship?
- What differences, obstacles and/or challenges might you expect to encounter in an IC relationship or marriage? What rewards?
Your response should be 1-2 (4-8 sentences) paragraphs in length.
Thank You So Much!
Tags: intercultural communication communication and culture Cultural Values Intergroup communication Identity silance