- Make a “Job Worksheet” by deconstruction a job description and plug in your skills
- Open a blank Microsoft Word document and save in your files as “Cover Letter.”
- Type your cover letter including the following information:
- Current Date
- Return address (your address)
- Letter address (who you are sending letter to)
- Salutation / Greeting with punctuation
- Body of the Letter:
- 1st Paragraph (state the job you are applying for, how you learned about the job, and how interested you are in the position)
- 2nd Paragraph (description of education, work experience, skills, etc.)
- 3rd Paragraph (closing remarks, contact information, restate interest in job)
- Complimentary Closing (Sincerely Yours,)
- Signature block (sign your name and type your name right below)
- Use Block style (all paragraphs and text aligned left, no indenting)
- Spacing Requirements:
- 4 spaces after the date
- 2 spaces after the return address
- 2 spaces after the letter address
- 2 spaces after the salutation / greeting
- 1 space between each paragraph
- 2 spaces after third paragraph
- 4 spaces after Sincerely Yours
- Print the cover letter, sign your name in the 4 spaces provided for the signature block.
When you have completed your cover letter make sure you proofread it and make all necessary corrections. Submit your resume on blackboard under the “Assignment” Tab.
This is the position you will be applying for. Use the following job description as a reference for your “Cover Letter” and “Resume”.
College Intern Administrative Intern
: United States-California-San Diego
: Aerospace Systems
US Citizenship Required for this Position
: Relocation assistance will be available
Performs variety of status activities in support of program areas such as proposals, strategy, schedule and cost execution for the program manager. Gathers, collects, records, tracks and verifies data and information from multiple sources. Compiles, reviews and analyzes data. Generate reports, statistics, timelines, tables, graphs, correspondence and presentations for Air Force government and Northrop Grumman Corporation internal status reporting. Provides data and information to others on functional unit processes and procedures.
Basic Qualifications: Currently pursuing a BS/MS degree from an accredited university in Business or related field. Summer 2012 Internship, full time, 10 weeks. Must be full time student into Fall 2012.
Preferred Qualifications: Business management college coursework and interest in exposure to management of cost and schedule execution, team leadership, and government acquisitions. Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company whose 75,000 employees provide innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide. Northrop Grumman is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce regardless of age. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Tags: cover letter Business Communication