Week 4 MIS3101
ERP and CRM in Business
Mostlarge businesses rely on many complex processes to keep them running smoothly. Two large areas that impact large areas of business and IT are ERP and CRM.
Respond to the following questions:
- How do ERP and CRM help a company?
- What are the drawbacks to setting up those different types of systems in a business?
- What direct effects do these systems have on customers?
Week 5 MIS3101
Respond to the discussion question using the lessons and vocabulary found in the reading. Support your answers with examples and research, and cite your research using the correct APA format.
Justify your answers using examples and reasoning. Comment on the postings of at least two classmates with regard to whether you agree or disagree with their views.
Meeting Medical Challenges with Artificial Intelligence
One area where human intelligence is limited is in the area of medicine. It often takes a doctor to determine a medical condition, and doctors cannot be everywhere. However, if the knowledge and processes that doctors use can be transmitted to machines, the knowledge and diagnosis of the medical field can be greatly expanded.
Discuss how expert systems, neural networks, and genetic algorithms can help scientists meet medical challenges. Provide an example of each system. Select one of your three examples and describe the system more in-depth. Give an example of a system currently being used and describe how and where it is in use today.
Week 4 BUS3001
To support your work, use your course and text readings and the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
Start reviewing and responding to the postings of your peers as early in the week as possible. Respond to at least two of your peers’ initial postings. Participate in the discussion by asking a question, providing a statement of clarification, providing a point of view with a rationale, challenging an aspect of the discussion, or indicating a relationship between two or more lines of reasoning in the discussion. Cite sources in your responses to other peers. Complete your participation for this assignment by the end of the week.
The Value of Studying Ethics in Leadership
Choose one of the following statements and argue your position (are you in favor or opposed to the statement). You should use at least three credible sources from texts or journals to support your argument.
- We can become more ethical leaders by examining cases of unethical leadership.
- The most important quality a leader should have is authenticity.
- Incompetent leaders can’t be ethical leaders.
- It is possible to use transformational leadership strategies to reach unethical objectives.
- An action or a decision cannot be ethical unless a leader reaches it using ethical processes.
- Traditional leadership theories and moral standards are not adequate to help employees solve complex organizational issues.
When replying to fellow students, provide some counterpoints and sources for the counterarguments and consider how any of the points made impact the positions taken by yourself and others.
Week 5 Discussion
The Recruiting Value of Corporate Social Responsibility
Kim and Park (2011) argue that corporate social responsibility (CSR) activities not only have value for benefitting social causes but can also be regarded as recruiting tools for attracting potential employees who perceive the organization and its CSR activities as an ethical fit. The foundation of this argument comes from an organizational perspective that views employees as important assets for a corporation. Coming from this perspective would mean that corporations would be cognizant about the imperative to have an active CSR program that matches corporate values, missions, and cultures.
Conduct research to identify the top ten companies to work for last year. Choose one of these companies and further research its CSR activities.
In your posting, respond to the following, supporting your perspectives with scholarly resources:
- What is the company you chose?
- What are the company’s CSR activities?
- What do these activities communicate about the company?
- Assess whether these activities are cause beneficial or cause exploitative? Give evidence for your answer.
- Would you consider working for this company?
Support your answers with appropriate research and reasoning and initiate comments on the postings of at least two of your peers.
Kim, S., & Park, H. (2011). Corporate social responsibility as an organizational
attractiveness for prospective public relations practitioners. Journal of
Business Ethics, 103(4), 639–653. doi:10.1007/s10551-011-0886-x